Melissa Speich Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Melissa Speich Memorial Scholarship Fund seeks to assist an individual who is passionate in his/her desire to attain education that serves to promote health and physical well-being in a medical related career.
Medical or health career objectives include, but are not limited to medical school, nursing, physical therapy, sports medicine, nutrition science, public health, dentistry, optometry, epidemiology, bio-medical research.
Applicants must provide a written proposal that describes their career goals and why the candidate believes he/she should receive the award.
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
Applicants are required to submit a completed scholarship application form. The application must be accompanied by:
- A personal statement explaining why he/she should receive the continuing education support which addresses the following areas:
- A personal statement explaining why he/she should receive the continuing education support which addresses the following areas…Academic merit (i.e. GPA, class standing, Dean’s List, academic awards or honors)
- Activities including clubs, organizations, community service, volunteer activities
- Health-care related activities (volunteer or paid) and classes or coursework
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
Candidates must be Stoughton residents and/or members of First Lutheran Church.
A recipient may be granted the scholarship more than one time if he/she meets the selection criteria, reapplies and is selected.
- Applicants can pursue any course of college/university/trade school health-care studies. All health-care related studies will be considered including professional continuing education such as professional seminars.
- The scholarship is designated for school related expenses such as tuition, registration, books, labs, etc.
- Funds will be disbursed on a reimbursement basis upon successful completion of a semester or class with documentation of payment made for tuition, books, etc.
- Classes need to be completed between June 15 – December 31
- The disbursement will be made in the following January
- Applicants who change their planned course of study need to notify the First Lutheran Church Endowment Committee.